We are hiring!
Position: National Coordinator
Organization: Canadian Voice of Women for Peace
Established in 1960, Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW) is a non-partisan Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) comprised of a network of diverse women with consultative status at the United Nations ECOSOC. For 55 years, VOW has tirelessly advocated for a world without war.
We are a part of a growing and select number of NGOs that provide women the opportunity to appeal to national government and international diplomats, attend conferences at the United Nations including the UN Commission on the Status of Women, and to write and present briefs and statements to political heads of state and nations worldwide on women and peace issues. We readily respond to calls for guidance and research on peace and women’s issues locally, nationally, and internationally. VOW is a non-partisan, non-religious organization that values women in all their diversities.
Job posting: National Coordinator
Job type: Part-time (10 hours, possibly more, per wk.)
Salary: $20 – $22/hr. Based on experience
Closing date: SUGGEST WEDNESDAY JAN 22ND 5 PM
Starting date: Thursday Feb 1st (or as arranged)
Job description: Reporting to the Board of Directors via Board Liaison, the National Coordinator is responsible for administration, communications management, fundraising, volunteer/internship coordination, and program development, planning and implementation.
Job duties include:
- Administration a. Receive and record all incoming membership fees and contact information from individuals and chapters in the membership database.
- Send receipt for every donation/membership payment by email and post.
- Photocopy all cheques, maintain petty cash, track Paypal contributions and submit expense receipts to Treasurer.
- Coordinate and negotiate rent, internet and telephone providers, and general maintenance.
- Prepare a monthly report to the Board of Directors.
- . Archive the minutes of the Board of Directors meetings.
- File annual registration and maintenance of the registration information (office address and names of BOD) with Industry Canada.
- Communications Management
- Facilitate volunteers for website design and development as required.
- Update website content regularly with posts, blogs and events.
- Proactively solicit information about Board Members’, Chapters’ and Members’ peace activities, and publicize to the membership and the public at large.
d.. Send out media releases to Sources, VOW media lists, Rabble and NOW magazine etc.
- Receive and respond to inquiries about VOW.
- Post petitions and administer results follow-up.
- Coordinate annual report for Annual General Meeting.
- Maintain and coordinate VOWs social media presence on such platforms as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and Flicker.
- Maintain and increase email lists (MailChimp) and send out regular emails.
- Solicit donations and PAC participation from membership.
- Support a minimum of two fundraisers per year.
- Ongoing survey of potential grants.
- Support preparation of and/or prepare grant proposals and follow-up reports.
- Volunteer Coordination
- Solicit and supervise volunteers.
- Program Development, Planning and Implementation
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors, support the following events by collecting fees, booking venue, finding volunteers. i. Gala ii. Annual General Meeting iii. United Nations Commission on the Status of Women Delegation to New York each March iv. PEACE exhibit v. Ontario Summer Camp
- Support projects in response to world events in collaboration with the Board of Directors (if and when time permits)
- Encourage, liaise and support emerging and existing chapters and groups.
Must match with responsibilities as outlined above; experience in working with volunteers, working with a non-profit organization, understanding of mission of organization; excellent email and internet skills (website, e-newsletter); excellent communication skills; fundraising experience an asset; French language skills an asset; experience in peace activism an asset; post-secondary education
How to apply?
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com