VOW Registration to the 60th Session of the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) in New York City
March 14-24, 2016
Once again VOW will lead a delegation to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) in New York City. We invite you to participate in the 60th session of the UNCSW from March 14 – March 24, 2016.
The Priority theme for CSW60 is: “Women’s empowerment and its link to sustainable development.”
This life changing experience is self-funded.
Deadline Date for Registration – January 8, 2016
Applicants who register after December 30 may still go to NYC on their own however, will not be included in the VOW official delegation (limited to 20). You will have access to our activities as well as other activities based in the Church Center and other NGO sites.
- Be a member of Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW). (Men are now eligible for an associate VOW membership.) Membership is $50 regular, $20 students or pay what you can.
- Participate for a minimum of 4-6 days in the time period from March 14 to March 24.
- Be able to communicate through blogging and social media what was experienced and learned at UNCSW and write a brief report for VOW by March 30, 2016.
- Make your own arrangements for travel to and from New York, out-of-country travel and health insurance, accommodation and meals. A list of possible accommodations will be provided.
- Be responsible for all personal costs.
- Be prepared for lots of walking and rather circuitous wheel-chair access.
Laptop, tablet, smart phone as well as personal business cards
Responsibilities and Privileges:
- You will be sent materials and web site addresses so that you become familiar with the UN process and how VOW women can interface with the UN.
- You will have the opportunity of meeting and speaking with staff of Status of Women Canada and meet members of the Canadian Mission to the UN including the Ambassador and/or Deputy Ambassador.
- You will have the opportunity to work with other Canadian NGOs present at UNCSW
- You will work with regional and/or issue coalitions.
- You will engage in dialogue with women from many nations and cultures.
Please reply with the following information before, December 30th 2014 by email email@example.com or by post to:
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace,
7 Labatt Avenue Suite 212 I,Toronto, ON M5A 1Z1
Age range: under 25, 25 to 40, over 40
Emergency contact name & contact info:
(more information will be required if you are chosen as a delegate)
Please include a brief Curriculum vitae and an 1 page essay on why you want to attend UNCSW60