Register for the VOW delegation to United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW61)
Registration for 2017
March 13-24, 2017
Once again VOW will lead a delegation to the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (UNCSW) in New York City. We invite you to participate in the 61st session of the UNCSW from March 13– March 24, 2017.
The Priority theme for CSW61 is: “Women’s Economic Empowerment in the Changing World of Work.”
This life changing experience is self-funded.
Deadline Date for Registration – January 8, 2017
Applicants who register after January 8, 2017 may still go to NYC on their own however, will not be included in the VOW official delegation (limited to 20). You will have access to our activities as well as other activities based in the Church Center and other NGO sites.
- Be a member of Canadian Voice of Women for Peace (VOW). (Men are now eligible for an associate VOW membership.) Membership is $50 regular, $20 students or pay what you can.
- Participate for a minimum of 4 days in the time period from March 13 to March 24.
- Be able to communicate through blogging and social media what was experienced and learned at UNCSW and write a brief report for VOW by March 30, 2017.
- Make your own arrangements for travel to and from New York, out-of-country travel and health insurance, accommodation and meals. A list of possible accommodations will be provided.
- Be responsible for all personal costs.
- Be prepared for lots of walking and rather circuitous wheel-chair access.
Laptop, tablet, smart phone as well as personal business cards
Responsibilities and Privileges:
- You will be sent materials and web site addresses so that you become familiar with the UN process and how VOW women can interface with the UN.
- You will have the opportunity of meeting and speaking with staff of Status of Women Canada and meet members of the Canadian Mission to the UN including the Ambassador and/or Deputy Ambassador.
- You will have the opportunity to work with other Canadian NGOs present at UNCSW
- You will work with regional and/or issue coalitions.
- You will engage in dialogue with women from many nations and cultures.
Please reply with the following information before January 8, 2017 by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to:
Canadian Voice of Women for Peace,
579 Kingston Road, Suite 125, Toronto, ON M4E 1R3
Age range: under 25, 25 to 40, over 40
Emergency contact name & contact info:
(more information will be required if you are chosen as a delegate)
Please include a brief Curriculum vitae and an 1 page essay on why you want to attend CSW61