Now Accepting Applications for the Rotary Peace Fellowship
The spike in regional and local conflicts around the globe has boosted the need for professionals skilled in waging peace. The fully funded Rotary Peace Fellowship, which covers tuition and living expenses, increases the capacity of current and emerging peace leaders to prevent and resolve conflict through academic training, field experience, and professional networking.
Up to 100 fellows are selected every year in a globally competitive process based on personal, academic, and professional achievements. Fellows earn either a master’s degree or a professional development certificate in peace and conflict studies at one of the Rotary Peace Centers, located within seven leading universities around the world. The nearly 1000 program alumni are working in over 100 countries as leaders in national governments, NGOs, the military, law enforcement, and international organizations such as the United Nations and World Bank.
Master’s Degree – Building the leaders of tomorrow
- 15-24 month program at one of our 5 Rotary Peace Centers at leading partnering universities
- 50 fellows selected annually to earn a master’s degree in fields related to peace and security
- Each university offers customized curriculum and a 2-3 month applied field experience
- Fellows connect with an international cohort of peace fellows, thought leaders, and a global network of Rotarians
Professional Development Certificate – Strengthening the leaders of today
- 3 month professional development program at our Rotary Peace Center in Bangkok, Thailand
- 50 fellows selected annually to earn a professional certificate in peace and conflict studies
- Intended for professionals with extensive experience working in peace-related fields
- Diverse interdisciplinary program includes 8 weeks intensive classroom study with guest lecturers and 2 weeks field studies
Eligibility: Take the eligibility quiz.
Qualified candidates have:
- For the master’s program, a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, plus three years of related work experience, and proficiency in a second language (strongly recommended)
- For the certificate program, a strong academic background, plus five years of related work experience
- Proficiency in English
- Excellent leadership skills
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.