Marketing position at Riverdale Immigrant Women Enterprises
Riverdale Immigrant Women Enterprises
Position: Marketing/Events Assistant Internship
The mission of Riverdale Immigrant Women Enterprises (RIWE) is to create and sustain a vibrant community organization that respects, balances and serves the social, cultural, economic and environmental needs of its community.
The Marketing/ Events Coordinator internship at RIWE has been designed to provide students first-hand experience in the marketing and the execution of events. The incumbent will work approximately 15-20 hrs/week between Monday and Sunday, for a period of 4 months.
We are looking for a Marketing and Events Assistant who will help advertise event space available to rent at the Hub as well as assist in planning and executing events taking place at the Hub itself.
Job responsibilities will include:
• Assisting with negotiations for space contracts and book event space, arrange food and beverage, order supplies and audiovisual equipment, make travel arrangements, order event signs, and ensure appropriate décor to meet the quality expectations of clients.
• Create and revise room layouts for each event.
• Propose new ideas to improve the event planning and implementation process.
• Assist with managing on-site production and clean-up for events as necessary.
• Prepare name tags, materials, notebooks, packages, gift bags, registration lists, seating cards, etc.
• Close out all events as required.
• Provide research on the marketing of event space.
• Find new venues for advertising and marketing event space.
• Excellent verbal and communication skills
• Experience working with marginalized youth
• Experience running/ facilitating groups and focus groups
• Knowledge of digital media including webcams, audio records, digital video recorders, digital cameras, blogs [word press]
• Solid understanding of anti-oppressive/ anti-racist, feminist frameworks and how they apply to working with marginalized communities and individuals
• Interest in working with youth around anti-violence
• 3rd of 4th year student, or recent grad in business, marketing, events coordination or related discipline.
Application Deadline: May 28th 2012 at 5pm
Please send your resume with subject “Marketing/Events Internship” to email@example.com